Friday, February 22, 2013

Prep Week 1- Feb. 10th-16th

My Super Healthy self sure got beat up this week!
I'm sorry to say that Prep Week 1 was less successful in helping me prepare for the "hike" than it was filling up my negative points penny jar. I guess I just didn't really think that the goals I set were as important as watching tv, checking facebook, or spinning wool among other things. But I sure got the message at the end of the week.
It was so sad on Saturday when I looked at my chart of to-dos and goals for the week and saw how many "x"s there were. Especially because for each "x" I had to give away my precious shiny pennies! And the goals weren't really that hard! How could I have let something as pathetically easy as "eat one serving of fruit" stop me from earning my reward? All I had to do was go out to the store, make sure I had fruits and veggies for the week, and eat them! So simple!

Side note: I've recently re-noticed how little fruits and vegetables there are around our house. It's probably because I live in a large family so when we do buy anything, we have to buy a LOT of it or else it's gone by the end of the day. But the lack of some of those healthy foods is probably a big reason that I'm not as healthy as I'd like to be. It's nice when you figure those things out so you can change them isn't it? Now, back to the post...

I have a picture of the chart I used below. I printed out a blank one but also had one on Google Drive so that if I was gone but had my computer, I could still mark it off.

The concept is really quite simple. Throughout the day I comple the "to-do"s and put a checkmark (or smiley face) on them. At the end of the day, anything I didn't do gets an "x" and I put the positive penny points that I earned into my "good" penny jar. The "x"s won't effect me until the end of the week when I saw whether I'd accomplished my goals or not.
At the end of the week, for any goal that I didn't accomplish I had to take away that many pennies. As you can see, I lost far more pennies than I earned! But in it's own way, that was good because Prep Week 2 has been going much better because I don't want the same results as Prep Week 1.  


1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you for posting this even though you didn't have as much to "show off" as you would have liked. I think you should get 10 pennies back just for being so honest in your follow-up! :D

    ~JS~

    ReplyDelete